State RPN Coordinator: AKprayconnect@gmail.com
State HAPN Coordinator: Candy Sunderland firstname.lastname@example.org
State Government Officials
- Governor: Sean Parnell http://www.gov.state.ak.us/
- Lt. Governor: Mead Treadwell http://ltgov.alaska.gov/
- State Senate: http://senate.legis.state.ak.us/
- State House of Representatives: http://house.legis.state.ak.us/
Alaska Root 52 State Prayer Guide
The Alaska Legislature adopted Benny Benson’s (of Aleut, Russian and Swedish decent) design as the official flag for the Territory of Alaska on May 2, 1927. It later became the official flag of the State of Alaska. It consists of eight gold stars, forming the Big Dipper and the North Star, on a dark blue field. The Big Dipper is in the constellation Ursa Major which symbolizes a bear, an animal indigenous to Alaska. As depicted on the flag, its stars can be used as a guide by the novice to locate Polaris and determine true north, which varies considerably from magnetic north.
Alaska “The Great Land”
Motto: “North to the Future”
Nickname: The Last Frontier
State Constitution Preamble
We the people of Alaska, grateful to God and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land, in order to secure and transmit to succeeding generations our heritage of political, civil, and religious liberty within the Union of States, do ordain and establish this constitution for the State of Alaska.
Resolution passed by the members of the Alaska Constitutional Convention at the University of Alaska, February 5, 1956
These are some of the words that were spoken in the closing minutes of the Alaska Constitutional Convention on February 6, 1956. Looking forward to the future with vision and hope, a group of men and women forged the Constitution for Alaska, the 49th State of the Union:
“We bequeath to you a state that will be glorious in her achievements, a homeland filled with opportunities for living, a land where you can worship and pray, a country where ambitions will be bright and real, an Alaska that will grow with you as you grow. We trust you; you are our future. We ask you to take tomorrow and dream; we know that you will see visions we do not see. We are certain that in capturing today for you, you can plan and build. Take our constitution and study it, work with it in your classrooms, understand its meaning and the facts within it. Help others to love and appreciate it. You are Alaska’s children…”
THE GREAT LAND
Alaska is the largest state in the U.S.; it has:
- a longer coastline than all the other U.S. states combined and is surrounded by two oceans and three seas
- the highest mountain peak in North America – third highest in the world
- more than three million lakes
- over 130 volcanoes and volcanic fields and
- half of the world’s glaciers
A native prophet that lived during the mid to late 1800′s prophesied many words over the interior. All but six of those words have been fulfilled. Remaining:
- Two consecutive seasons (i.e. two back to back winters).
- The big snow that will reach the tops of the spruce trees.
- The discovery of something precious near the mouth of the Redstone River.
- The establishment of a large city due to the discovery of the precious element.
- The surfacing of a whale in the upper Kobuk River.
- The occurrence of a day that would appear to be cut in half.
Benny Hinn – January 1991
“I see a fire in Alaska; I see a fire in that whole western area of Canada and Alaska. Alaska shall be inflamed with the glory of God. Now, there is something interesting here, something interesting. This is amazing, I don’t know why. The Lord just said to me, “The judgment coming on America will not affect Alaska because praying believers will protect Alaska from judgment.”
Chuck Pierce/Dutch Sheets 50 State Tour – August 2003
Alaska is My Alpha and Omega state!
It is a place where things begin and things end. Tell My people to move forward into the new and not back into yesterday.
Alaska’s assignment is a sentinel and a vanguard for North America. Alaska will open doors for the glory of the Lord to sweep through North America.
Alaska is a gateway/entry point into America for the Ancient of Days, the Eternal One.
There are things that must happen here that if they don’t, other things cannot be accomplished in the rest of the U.S.
1867 Treaty of Cession between the U.S. and Russia. Alaska becomes a U.S. military district with no civilian government.
Due to the large size of the state and transportation costs, in 1867 the Swedish Evangelical, Moravian, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Congregational and Roman Catholic churches divided the state in to regions for missionary purposes. Prior to 1867, the Russian Orthodoxy was the predominant Christian influence.
1958 Congress passes Alaska Statehood Act conveying ownership of 103 million acres.
Alaska is unique from every other state in how it came into the union. The federal government did not want us to become a state because we did not have the population for a tax base to build and support the infrastructure needed (schools, roads, government buildings, etc.).
An innovative new proposal was introduced that gave the people of Alaska ownership of the natural resources on state and federal land, whereby 90% of the royalties off the natural resources would be retained in-state and 10% would go to the federal government. This was voted on and passed by the people of Alaska and agreed upon by congress.
This covenantal agreement can only be changed by a vote of both parties. The federal government has broken covenant by denying access to our legally owned resources.
Federal lands 217 million acres
State lands 103 million
Native lands 44 million
Private land 1 million
1959 Alaska is admitted to the Union as the 49th state, and William A. Egan becomes Alaska’s first governor.
Alaska is home to 239 federally recognized tribes.
1971 Congress passes Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA); transfers ownership of 44 million acres of land to 12 newly established Regional Native corporations.
Because Alaska was a mission field it has long been a focus of prayer.
During the 70′s Alaska experienced revival and many churches were touched, birthing new ministries that are still impacting the Kingdom today.
During the 80′s Pope John Paul II held an open-air service; Billy Graham conducted a crusade.
During the 90′s a concerted corporate effort emerged where intercessors began to confront strongholds to cleanse and open portals and gates statewide. Several portals prayed on-site include: Mt. McKinley, Kodiak Island, and Juneau.
In 2006 more than fifty intercessors from around the State met to pray through the prophetic word spoken by Dutch and Chuck. They broke the word down according to what the Lord said he would do and what He said His people should do. Prophetic acts were done to fulfill the conditions in the word.
In, 2007, at a “One Lord Sunday” event, governor Sarah Palin dedicated Alaska to the purposes of God.
In the summer of 2009, an event was held called “Trail of Healing.” Native leaders from around the State gathered with the local pastors from the Matanuska Valley and other regions. The pastors repented to the Native leaders for the mistakes made when the first missionaries came to the various areas of Alaska. The Native leaders received the apology and repented for the hatred of all white people. A Russian Pastor repented for the atrocities committed by the Russians on the Native populations. Different tribes spoke words of encouragement and honor to one another. Although many denominations and ministries have held events of repentance through the years, this was a first public event with representatives from many parts of the State.
Jews were some of the first non-natives to come to Alaska. Many of the first Russian fur trappers and buyers were Jewish. However…
In 1939 – at the beginning stages of WWII, the U.S. government was considering ways to relax immigration quotas and allow European setters (mostly German Jews) to come to Alaska as a way to develop America’s frontier.
At that time a letter arrived in Washington, D.C., from Nazi Germany’s Bruno Rosenthal, the leader of the Jewish community in the town of Neustadt, Germany. He was requesting, on behalf of 30 men, women and children to immigrate to Alaska.
What Rosenthal did not know was that his opportunity to come to Alaska had already been discussed in here. After interviewing a cross section of local leaders, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner printed an article with the conclusion in a headline atop the front page: “German Jews Unsuited For Alaska Settlers Is Prevailing View Here.” Their request was denied. All of these people died in the concentration camps.
In the last few years, there has been much work done in identificational repentance between the church and the Jewish community. Christians United for Israel Alaska has held events over the last three years. In 2009, an event, “A Night to Honor Israel” a pastor read the names of those who made the request and repented that Christians did not stand up. Then governor, Sarah Palin repented to the Jewish Community for the refused request in 1939. Governor Palin declared that Alaska would not close her doors to those needing refuge again and that Alaska would stand with the Nation of Israel. Inroads of communication and trust have been established with the Orthodox and the liberal Synagogues as well as the political lobbyist group, AIPAC. Other groups around the state have been preparing for years to care for Russian Jews who may need refuge or assistance in Aliyah.
We have reconciled with our Native groups, our Jewish population, prayed over the seven mountains of influence, and done every prophetic assignment and act that we have understood. Our eyes are on our God for what He will do.
ROOT 52 ASSIGNMENT
The sense that we got at the start of the prayer calls was to have bonfires in every community in the state. The verses from the song “Fill Me Up” by United Pursuit Band, “You provide the fire, I’ll provide the sacrifice” has been a continuing theme.
He gave us the verse from Isaiah 6 of being cleansed with the fiery coal from the altar that touches our lips that would silence the accuser of the brethren.
We were reminded of the Transformation video testimony of Pond Inlet on Baffin Island, Canada. Everyone was under such conviction they had a bonfire in the village and burned up all their drugs, paraphernalia, alcohol, satanic music and games.
One woman had a vision of the map of Alaska with puffs of smoke that indicated intercession throughout the state being raised to heaven filling the bowls of incense.
“Another angel, who had a golden sensor, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel’s hand. Then the angel took the censor, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightening and an earthquake.” -Rev 8:3-5 NIV
Alaska’s birth as a State was celebrated 51 years ago with a bonfire. We are prophetically calling forth the fire of the Kingdom of God to be manifested in Alaska.
We believe we are moving into a time where the Father is gathering all those who the enemy has tried to scatter. As the Father is gathering us He is teaching us about His heart. We can no longer be like the older brother of the Prodigal son and live in the Father’s house and work for the Father but not understand and know the Father’s heart. During this time of teaching us His heart we are also learning how to be a family. Yes we have learned how to fight and be an army but the Father wants us to learn how to be a Family.
ALASKA’S ROOT 52 PRAYER FOCUS
EDUCATION – SCIENCE – TECHNOLOGY
Multnomah Bible School and Oral Roberts University are in the process of establishing campuses.
A school of supernatural ministry has launched with several others in the beginning stages.
There are 92 languages spoken in the Anchorage School District making for difficult cross cultural tensions.
· Pray for innovative ideas to bridge cultural gaps and for peace on the campuses and in neighborhoods.
· Alaska is the only state in the union without a law school, however there is a vision, property and a Dean selected. This university will educate specifically on Alaska’s:
i. Native Issues
iii. Statehood ownership covenant
2) Science & Technology
· Pray for the creative inventions and technological solutions that will work in conjunction with the word of the Lord and become businesses and economic opportunities for our families and the state.
NATIVES, LAND AND RESOURCES
As our native peoples fully step into their God given prophetic identity and destiny we believe that God will teach them how to heal the land and live in harmony with it including the ability to hear how the earth wants to release the natural resources in the most beneficial / least invasive way.
· Pray for unity and honor among all cultures and generations, particularly amongst the brethren.
· Pray for the restoration of original identity, destiny and birthright giftings of the native people
· The people of Alaska will awaken, understand and respond to the encroachment of the federal government concerning our land and resources.
· Pray that kingdom strategies be released in our resource development according to God’s perfect will, purpose and timing. For example; Alaska holds ¾ of the worlds coal deposits; the largest wild salmon runs in the world; gold; silver; harvestable timber; and unlimited amounts of fresh water.
· Pray that these resources and the income from them are to be used for God’s end time purposes, global harvest.
CHURCH / RELIGION – FAMILY / SOCIAL SERVICE
1) Church / Religion
Testimony: Revival has begun
Regional Apostolic teams are being formed around the state
Houses of Prayer being established in Fairbanks, Mat-Su Valley and Anchorage
· Pray that Alaska embraces her forerunner assignment of being apostolic, omega-alpha, first fruits state.
· 150,000 Muslims moving to Anchorage, mosque being built
· Pray that people will feel and experience the Presence of God when they come to Alaska.
· Pray that we receive understanding and are prepared to receive the Ancient of Days.
2) Family / Social Service
We have the highest rate of suicide, sexual and domestic violence against women and children, and one of the highest rates of murder and substance abuse.
Governor Parnell initiated the “Choose Respect” and “Safe Homes Strong Families” programs.
· Pray for the partnership of faith based ministries and state agencies cooperating together to end the epidemic of domestic violence and sexual assault.
· Pray that we will welcome and provide for anyone needing refuge.
· Pray that the spirit of poverty would be broken over the people of Alaska.
GOVERNMENT / LAW – POLICE / FIRE / MILITARY
1) Government / Law
· Pray that the constitutional covenant, between the U.S. and Alaska is honored.
· Pray that Alaska’s strategic governmental anointing aligns with God’s government and that there shall be no end to the increase of His government.
· Pray that justice and righteousness, peace and truth will reign in our land.
2) Police / Fire / Military
· Pray for the Village Public Safety Officers, State Troopers, city police and fire personel
· Pray for the military families
ARTS / ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS – MEDIA (PRINT / ELECTRONIC)
1) Arts/Entertainment & Sports:
The Alaska Film Production Incentive Program is an economic development initiative created to encourage growth of the film industry in Alaska. Applicants can qualify for up to 44% in a transferable tax credit on qualified production expenditures in Alaska with a minimum of $100,000 of qualified expenditures in Alaska (usual minimum elsewhere is $1M).
· Pray for more creative talent to be released in our state.
· Pray that God will be glorified in anything produced in Alaska.
2) Media (Print/Electronic)
· Pray for a statewide communication tool that gives accurate information, reports the issues from all sides, that truly informs with the purpose to assist us in making wise decisions that benefit the whole; a model of journalism that speaks to possibilities with a venue for dialogue that gives direction and hope.
BUSINESS / ECONOMY – ENVIRONMENT / AGRICULTURE
The economic viability of communities is in peril; jobs are scarce with the oil pipeline only 1/3 full and declining. Heating oil in the villages is $10 a gallon and electricity $ .89 a kilowatt-hour.
· Pray that we have an abundant, educated workforce.
· Pray that the light of God will overcome the physical darkness.
Alaska’s rich soil is a blessing from our Creator. Our giant produce, which grows to record size under our endless summer daylight repeatedly, breaks weight records. The growing season is short, but our months of midnight sun make up for that. In 2010, the winning cabbage in the Great Cabbage Weigh-Off came in at 105.6 pounds; a pumpkin came in at 1101 pounds, while the winning turnip weighed 21 pounds.
In October 2010, a course was funded that will assist Alaska Natives in remote communities grow food to complement traditional subsistence activities. The course will provide the knowledge and skills necessary for participants to grow enough food for themselves and 10 other families and to raise livestock, export value-added products, preserve food, start a business and access USDA grants and programs.
· Pray for the success of this program to ease some of the economic strain in our native villages
· Pray for continued agricultural blessing and that these resources and the income from them are used for God’s end time purposes, global harvest and as provision to care for Russian Jews who may need refuge or assistance in Aliyah.
HEALTH / MEDICINE – NON-PROFITS / SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS
There has been a resurrection!
Several ministries are bringing freedom to broken hearts and bondages as well ministries with documented physical healings.
· Pray that the saints be full of the Spirit of God, pouring out in healing, both physically and spiritually.
2) Non-Profits/Service Organizations:
· Pray that more partnerships be birthed between faith based non-profits and community service organization.
· Pray that non-profits birth business models that will financially remove the need to be dependent on governmental grants and entitlements.